One user out of 1130 is not synchronized

One user out of 1130 users is not synchronized from MS Active Directory.

How can I find out why.

I have checked everything in AD (Groups, user is activateded, etc. etc.)

Can I turn on an exta logging to find the reason why 1 out of 1130 user is not synchronized to Jira.

Thanks

Dieter

1 answer

This widget could not be displayed.
Shayne Covey Atlassian Team Apr 09, 2015

I'd recommend comparing the one user failing to synchronize against a user that does synchronize to try to find any differences. Generating LDIFs of the user object may be helpful to do this: http://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/555636

You can also set the com.atlassian.crowd.directory.SpringLDAPConnector to DEBUG in JIRA's logging and profiling interface, then run a manual synchronization - this should cause a verbose output in the JIRA-HOME/log/catalina.out log files for the directory sync and may provide some clarify on the problem.

Thanks for your hint, but the extra logging doesn't show a problem. What is of interest, is this line where alway 1 user is deleted after sync. 2015-04-13 10:48:22,219 atlassian-scheduler-quartz1.clustered_Worker-1 INFO ServiceRunner [atlassian.crowd.directory.DbCachingRemoteChangeOperations] deleted [ 1 ] users in [ 19ms ] Maybe that's this user. But how to find out why this user is deleted after sync.? BR Dieter

Suggest an answer

Atlassian Summit 2018

Meet the community IRL

Atlassian Summit is an excellent opportunity for in-person support, training, and networking.

Learn more
Community showcase
Posted Wednesday in New to Jira

Are you planning to trial, or are currently trialling Jira Software? - We want to talk to you!

Hello! I'm Rayen, a product manager at Atlassian. My team and I are working hard to improve the trial experience for Jira Software Cloud. We are interested in   talking to 20 people planning t...

262 views 5 0
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you