One portal dashboard for each customer Org

Shashi Matha October 16, 2020

We have multiple customers set up as Orgs within one JSD project. Is it possible to have separate portal for each org? so when customers login, they can see content specific to their own org.

2 answers

0 votes
Arthur Mack
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 17, 2020

@Shashi Matha 

I think you can do this by having multiple JSD on one instance with access controlled by the orgs you have setup. You can then create your own webpage or whatever for each JSD and point your customers to the correct JSD.

Shashi Matha October 17, 2020

Sounds like a lot of customization. Is this a very unique requirement? Does any of the add-ons address this?

Arthur Mack
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 17, 2020

@Shashi Matha  Not really, creating a webpage with a few links does not take very long and you only have to do one page per JSD if you wish to keep them separate. No addons required and I dont think any addons will do what you want.

Maybe my request was not clear. I am looking to have one portal and one instance of JSD. However, there are many Organizations created in JSD. When members of each JSD org login to the same portal, search and content should be same. However, some links there should be based on the organization they belong. Hope this clarifies the requirements.

Thanks for all the help and input. I appreciate it.

0 votes
Carlos Garcia Navarro
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 16, 2020

@Hi @Shashi Matha

I don't believe you can do this: One Jira Service Desk maps to one portal only with one look and feel. You could have several instances of Jira Service Desk and have customers to connect to the instance with their branding, that that doesn't sound like a good plan.

Agree, having different instances would work but a nightmare in managing them. We don't need different branding. Just some content would be different for each customer.

Carlos Garcia Navarro
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 17, 2020

Thanks for the clarification on 'using the same portal, search and content should be same, but some links there should be based on the organization they belong'. I really don't think this is possible today, but as a workaround, you could have different requests types or issue types to be used for each org where some fields are different and include links specific to that org.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events