One of our users is unable to delete their own attachments

Jered Biard May 15, 2013

I have verified that the user is a member of jira-users (I suppose she would be unable to login otherwise). The "Delete Own Attachments" permission is on for Jira Users. In addition, I have verified via the Permission helper that she should very well have this ability in general, and for the specific issue. I also verified that the user in question did in fact attach the files in question. The issue is not closed. It is In Progress. When she hovers over the attachments inside the issue, the trash can does not appear. When I perform this as Administrator, I am able to delete the attachments.

6 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Jered Biard May 20, 2013

Yes, it appears this was a defect in JEMH. See:

https://thepluginpeople.atlassian.net/browse/JEMH-1394

0 votes
Jered Biard May 15, 2013

I think I have found a good clue. This appears to be related to the Jira Enterprise Mail Handler. The attachments in question were added via email reply to a notification from an event fired by another user. That other user's name appears on the attachments when you hover over them instead of the user who actually sent the mail, attaching the files. The Jira activity history clearly shows the correct user on the file attachment event, so somehow the user name is just being set incorrectly on the attachment itself. I will contact the JEMH folks. I will re-post here if a resolution is reached on that path. Thanks for your help!

sai February 9, 2018

did you resolved this issue? Seems like I'm having the same issue could you please give me info on how you resolved this?

0 votes
Vidic Florjan
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 15, 2013

>> She is a member of another group that is in the Project Users role. The Project Users role has Delete Own Attachments set.

That's ok.

Do you have any plugin which allow you to switch to another user to deal with support problems and so on (or Script Runner has also script to switch to different user)?

Another question:

You can try also to add new attachment as she (without adding "Delete All Attachments" permision). Does trash can appear after hover over the new attachment?

0 votes
Jered Biard May 15, 2013

No. I added her (as single user permission) to Delete All Attachments, and after refreshing her screen, she cannot delete any of them. I also checked with another user, and it works fine for him with the Project User role.

0 votes
Jered Biard May 15, 2013

I will work with her to determine that. I need to clarify my original statement. We don't use the built-in jira-users group at the project level. She is a member of another group that is in the Project Users role. The Project Users role has Delete Own Attachments set.

0 votes
Vidic Florjan
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 15, 2013

Is she able to delete attachment if she has "Delete All Attachments" permission?

Suggest an answer