Come for the products,
stay for the community

The Atlassian Community can help you and your team get more value out of Atlassian products and practices.

Atlassian Community about banner
Community Members

Community Events
Community Groups

One of my team members was pulled off a project recently. He still receives email notifications from

One of my team members was pulled off a project recently. He still receives email notifications from that project. Is there a way I can disable his email address from receiving email notifications from that jira project? 

2 answers

0 votes

Hello @Emily Calero 

If the user is associated with the project (such as being assigned to a role in the project, being the Project Lead, or a Component Lead) or individual issues (such as being the Reporter, Assignee, or a Watcher), and that association is part of the Notification Scheme, then the only way to stop the notifications for that one user for that one project is to remove that user's association to the project and its issues.

It has been possible also to add individual users to Notification Schemes. If that is the case then you could remove the one user from the Notification Scheme.

As noted by @G subramanyam you need to be careful when modifying Notification Schemes as they can be used in multiple projects.

0 votes
G subramanyam Community Leader Sep 07, 2022

Hi @Emily Calero welcome to the Atlassian community.

Please login with Jira admin and not Jira project admin.

Jira projects use notification schemes to send email notifications about project activity. There are two ways to disable email notifications for a given project:

1. Remove the notification scheme entirely from a project. 
  2. Edit a project's notification scheme so that no emails are sent. Take care when editing a scheme as more than one project may be using it. 

To remove a notification scheme from a project:

1. From your project's sidebar, select Project settings Notifications.
  2. Select Actions Use a different scheme.
  3. In the Schemes dropdown, select None.
  4. Select Associate.

More details on this article, FYI.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS

Atlassian Community Events