Come for the products,
stay for the community

The Atlassian Community can help you and your team get more value out of Atlassian products and practices.

Atlassian Community about banner
Community Members

Community Events
Community Groups

One of my Scrum Kanbans has auto-start any newly created sprint, but other Scrum Kanban wont do that

I have a few projects in Jira cloud. And today I found one of the project scrum kanban has something wired happening everytime when I create a new sprint, the new sprint will be auto-started by the system. 

Here's a video I recorded what is happening https://www.loom.com/share/78c7d49d6fd74b47b8f9d478963eb672Screen Shot 2022-05-05 at 12.21.02 PM.png

1 answer

0 votes
Filipi Lima Atlassian Team May 05, 2022

Hi, Sophie,

Could you try dragging an issue into that Sprint?

I believe the "Start Sprint" option is greyed out because you do not have any issues on it which means the Sprint was not really at that point.

Let me know if that's the case!

Filipi Lima Atlassian Team May 05, 2022

Also, from your screenshot and video I see your board is named "Backend Active Sprints" which could cause confusion since it will most likely have inactive Sprints at some point!

Hi Filipi,

I actually added a few tickets assigned to the new created sprint, but it didn't show up there. And if I create a new sprint in other boards of other projects, the start sprint button isn't turned to grey automatically. 

So the issue still remains!

That board name was just a board name. 
I checked the board filter and it didn't limit any sprint on it. So it should show all sprints.

Filipi Lima Atlassian Team May 06, 2022

Hi, Sophie!

From your video as you hover over the greyed out Start Sprint button you can see:

image.png

This seems to be the expected behavior - could you clarify what you're seeing on the other boards?

Also, when you added Issues to the Sprint, did you add using the (+ Create Issue) right below the Sprint? Did they disappear right after?

Suggest an answer

TAGS

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you