One coworker overwirte my time tracker?

Hui Zhao May 15, 2015

Suppose in the team I work with the other developer on a project. The assignee is "Unassigned". The estimated time was given. I don't know in this situation how to track time?

Can I record the time then the other guy overwrite it?

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 15, 2015

If a user has the project permission "log work", then they can log work on the issue.  You could have a permission rule that says "assignee can log work", but you'd then have to assign the issue to allow them to log the work.  Or you could put in a rule like "role: developer", and any developer in the project could log work.

Check also the permissions around editing worklogs - if you don't grant "edit" to anyone, then no, your colleauges won't be able to change your worklogs

Hui Zhao May 15, 2015

Where can I look at the permissions in JIRA? And who can edit the rules? Scrum master?

Hui Zhao May 15, 2015

One more thing, we are working parallel. If I logged one hour, the other guy logged two hours. What is the hours for the task? Is it 3 hours? Or just take the bigger one, say 2 overwrite 1.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 15, 2015

It wouldn't make any sense to "take the bigger". You've both worked on it. Two timelogs, total time 3 hours.

Hui Zhao May 17, 2015

Thanks. Just want to ensure it. Suppose both of us use Tempo\tracker to record time, each of us inputs different time. After the task is down, the total time should be the timeA + timeB? The system will take the sum automatically?

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
May 17, 2015

I just said that.

Suggest an answer