One User within two Directories can't be removed from jira-administrators

Hi there,

I got an strange User-Phenomenon..

Background: Members of the Group jira-administrators receive emails if somebody makes use of the Link 'contact Admin'. I want to remove one User from this Group, but..

- In the User-Administration this account is listed as external (LDAP synchronisation) and is not associated with the Group jira-administrators.

- In the Group-Administration there are two different options.. If I click on the 'Edit Member' Link of Group jira-administrators the User is not listed. If I click on the number of the Membercounter the User is named as a Member of jira-administrators AND shall be stored in the internal User-Directory. Also he can not be removed from the Group.

What the hell... ?!

1 answer

1 accepted

This widget could not be displayed.

I believe that if you temporaly disable the LDAP connection you'll be able to remove the credentials for this users.

Cheers,

Lucas Lima

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Posted Tuesday in Jira

What modern development practices are at the heart of how your team delivers software?

Hey Community mates! Claire here from the Software Product Marketing team. We all know software development changes rapidly, and it's often tough to keep up. But from our research, we've found the h...

142 views 1 3
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you