One Support E-Mail for all Service Desks

Michael Schmid November 26, 2015

Hello there,

I like to make the following configuration, but I don't know how to do this.

I have created one Service Desk for each customer. Now I want, that the customer can send their requests to one E-Mail, let's say support@mycompany.com.

Now I want to tell Jira, that if the sender has a specific domain, e.g. @customer-one.com, then it should create a Service Desk Task in the Customer's project.

Anyone have an idea regarding this?

2 answers

0 votes
Jonas Andersson
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 26, 2015

This can be done by setting up one Incoming mailserver and several mailhandlers that all only pick up emails from the individual sender email addresses, but it would demand one mailhandler per customer, but it sure does work.

0 votes
Paulo Hennig
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
November 26, 2015

Hey Michael,

When you said that you have one Service Desk for each customer, are you referring that you have a Service Desk project to each customer company?

Notice that for each Service Desk project, you can set up a mail channel where your customers can raise these requests sending emails out for this mail channel, so you can associate your customers to specific SDS projects (There's no redirect according to the domain).

Please, check the following documentation for a better understanding:

Suggest an answer