One JIRA service project - how to keep clients separated

Hi, we want to use one JIRA project for all post-project service issues (50+ clients, would be too much work making separate projects for every one of them)

What is, with regards to time/issue reporting to our financial administration, the best way to keep clients issues separated? A custom field for client id? different components for different clients?

thanks!

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Accepted answer
Daryl Chuah Atlassian Team Apr 01, 2013

Hi there

Basically, you can create Issue-level security for each different individual client.

Issue security levels allow you to control who can see individual issues within a project (subject to the project's permissions).

Quote from this documentation: Configuring Issue-level Security

Hope it helps

Cheers :)

Thanks

I've read about that, but I basicly want all developers to be able to see all issues. I just want to keep the issue clients apart for reporting reasons, it's not so much a security thing.

I should add that we don't have one software product, every client has own website /application etc

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Published Nov 29, 2018 in Jira

How to set up an incident workflow from the VP of Engineering at Sentry

Hey Atlassian community, I help lead engineering at Sentry, an open-source error-tracking and monitoring tool that integrates with Jira. We started using Jira Software Cloud internally last year, a...

1,081 views 0 8
Read article

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you