One JIRA project for several BitBucket repositories (OnDemand)

Helge Söderström March 10, 2014

Hello!

I've been working with JIRA (GreenHoppe / Jira Agile) and BitBucket for a while, and on the whole, I'm very satisfied. Now I've arrived at an issue I have been unable to find any documentation about, and I was hoping someone might have the answer.

I'm currently working on basically a webshop system, which I want to divide into several BitBucket repositories for deployment purposes (core, the different templates etc should be their own repos with their own VCS), but I would still like to keep everything connected to the same JIRA-project.

Is is possible to have this functionality, and if so, how do I do it?

Best regards,
Helge Soderstrom

1 answer

1 vote
AgentSmith
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
October 7, 2014

You can leverage as many repos as needed using a single JIRA project because commits are linked automatically if the issue key is included in the commit message.

Its important to note that from each repo you are committing against, the JIRA issue key must conform to the default format, that is, two or more uppercase letters ([A-Z][A-Z]+), followed by a hyphen and the issue number, for example EG-123. 

Hope this helps! 

Suggest an answer