One JIRA instance with two Bamboo servers ? Edited

We have one JIRA instance and we want to set up a common JIRA project for iOS and Android.

Can we have one one Bamboo instance on macOS Server running the iOS build and another Bamboo instance on Linux running the Android build ? How would that work with linking the sole JIRA instance and project to the two BitBucket repositories and two Bamboo servers ?

Is it better to have one Bamboo instance with the two builds ? Again, how would that work in terms of linking that with JIRA and BitBucket ?

1 answer

1 accepted

Hi Karl,

It's definitely possible. Take a look at the Deployment projects knowledge base article for more information.

Also take a look at the Communities post Solved: Two Bamboo Servers vs. One Bamboo Server.  There's a good answer on how you can do this but there is also some good discussion regarding the implementation.  One suggestion was to use one Bamboo server and multiple remote agents instead.

Take a look at the post and let us know what you think.

Cheers,

Branden

The situation has changed a bit.

• We have one JIRA instance with an iOS project and an Android project.
  • We have one BitBucket instance with iOS repository and an Android repository.
  • We have a single Bamboo instance that needs to have a build plan for iOS and another for Android.

We need to link all this happily together.

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Sarah Schuster
Posted Jan 29, 2018 in Jira

What are common themes you've seen across successful & failed Jira Software implementations?

Hey everyone! My name is Sarah Schuster, and I'm a Customer Success Manager in Atlassian specializing in Jira Software Cloud. Over the next few weeks I will be posting discussion topics (8 total) to ...

2,945 views 12 18
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you
Atlassian Team Tour

Join us on the Team Tour

We're bringing product updates and pro tips on teamwork to ten cities around the world.

Save your spot