Ondemand: Login to JIRA and BitBucket from the one UI

Douglas Ross October 17, 2012

Hi,

Question for OnDemand JIRA product. I saw the video that enabled the user to switch from JIRA to BitBucket by simply clicking on the JIRA logo dropdown in the left corner.

1. I cannot see where to turn that on in JIRA or BitBucket?

2. Can you use an openid, or do you need to sync ids, or do you need to buy a licence in your atlassian account.? or is it not released yet for the ondemand product?

Thanks for any help.

3 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Douglas Ross October 21, 2012

This answer from Matt Hunter from support did the trick:

Hi Douglas,

To integrate Bitbucket with OnDemand you need to configure it within the DVCS connector plugin in JIRA. The best documentation to follow is:

That documentation gives you a great overall view of how the DVCS connector and JIRA connect together, but for the actual steps of connecting JIRA with Bitbucket the following should work for you:

Finally, you can also create a link in the application navigator (the logo you click in the top left) by heading over to https://hosportal.atlassian.net/plugins/servlet/customize-application-navigator. Documentation on the process can be found at this page.

The integration process is admittedly complicated at the moment, but it's something we're working to improve as Bitbucket and Atlassian OnDemand become more tightly coupled.

Cheers,
Matt

1 vote
Patrick Hill
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
October 17, 2012

Douglas,

It sounds like some of the integration hasn't been set up between your accounts.

Can you raise a ticket on support.atlassian.com so that we can look into this further for you?

0 votes
Abdulrazaq Mohammed Ali Omar
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 17, 2012

Hi Douglas,

This kind of integration will happen once you opt-in for BitBucket from your account at https://my.atlassian.com , it should be automatically connected. If you face any issues please do as Patrick suggested and we'll take it from there.

All the best.

Suggest an answer