Once I choose to "watch" something how do I look at a consolidated list of all my watched items

melissa holliday December 13, 2022

I have chosen to watch a number of jira intakes for TD. I am a TD employee as you can see by my email. How do I access a consolidated list of all the intakes I am "watching"? 

3 answers

1 vote
Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 13, 2022

hi @melissa holliday ,

I would create a filter for quick reference and be sure to "star" it so that it is pinned in your filter list.

JQL ==> watcher = currentuser() and statuscategory != done

you could use the filter in a dashboard if desired.

2022-12-13_14-14-33.jpg

Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 14, 2022

@melissa holliday , is this working for you or are you looking for something different?

0 votes
Nicholas Ellis _ALM Works_
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
December 13, 2022

Hi @melissa holliday,

Welcome to the community!

It looks like you don't have your hosting type tagged here, but luckily it's not relevant for this question.

In short you can search for these issues with JQL like so:

watcher = currentUser()

Basically this will search for issues that you (the current user presumably) are watching.  This should work from the search bar on both cloud and on-premise deployments.

Cheers,
Nick [Tempo/ALM Works]

melissa holliday December 13, 2022

Hi Nick 
If I am "watching" multiple items, is there a place I can go to see an entire listing of them all at once? versus having to search for them individually. 

Nicholas Ellis _ALM Works_
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
December 13, 2022

Hi Melissa,

You can save a search as a filter.  Here is the cloud documentation.

This will allow you to combine very general filters like all watched items with other more granular searches like: updated > "-1d"

0 votes
Mark Segall
Community Leader
Community Leader
December 13, 2022

Hi @melissa holliday and welcome to the community!

You can run this filter:

watcher = currentUser()

Suggest an answer