OnDemand to hosted migration

Jakub Pierzchała
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 19, 2013

Hi

I want to migrate JIRA+Confluence OnDemand to Hosted version.

Is there a document somewhere which documents how to achieve this + use hosted JIRA for Confluence user management?

When I do usual steps:

1. Install JIRA
  2. Restore OnDemand backup
  3. Install Confluence (use hosted JIRA as user management)
  4. Restore Confluence backup

I end up with a problem with application link that needs to be worked around using solution on this page:

https://confluence.atlassian.com/pages/viewpage.action?pageId=316637672

Can you tell me what should I do afterwards to still use Hosted JIRA for user management?

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
RianA
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 19, 2013

Hi Jakub,

If you would like to have Confluence to use JIRA hosted on your site as User management, you just need to follow the documentation below.
* https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/DOC/Connecting+to+Crowd+or+JIRA+for+User+Management

Hope this info helps

Jakub Pierzchała
Rising Star
Rising Star
February 20, 2013

Hi Rian, that's what I needed, thanks

2 votes
JohnA
Rising Star
Rising Star
February 19, 2013

Hi Jakub,

I'm sorry to say that I don't believe it is currently possible to manage your users in a locally installed Confluence instance from a JIRA OnDemand instance, so whilst you will be able to migrate your data, (including the users), you wouldn't be able to use the OnDemand instance as an external user directory.

All the best,
John

Suggest an answer