OnDemand "Last Executer" display - bug?

Lee Correll
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 14, 2013

Starting 2 releases back, JIRA OnDemand started showing the below text:

<a class="user-hover" rel="chanks" id="email_chanks" href="/secure/ViewProfile.jspa?name=chanks">user's name deleted</a>

Rather than just the user's name, which I deleted for the purposes of this question. Obviously, it changes as the executer changes. Are we the only folks having that problem?

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Renjith Pillai
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 31, 2013
0 votes
AgentSmith
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
May 21, 2013

Greetings!

You are not alone in seeign this. More specifically, what you are describing is the result of how we handle and present internal values for deleted users.

In other words, its displaying those tag values because the deleted user was associated to a page, issue or component (in your case it would be a page since the user in question was the executer).

Ideally that information would be suppressed or handled in a more graceful manner.

In short, it is by design to indicate that the user no longer exists.

Cheers,

Jason | Atlassian

Lee Correll
Rising Star
Rising Star
May 21, 2013

No, that's incorrect.

The user is still there - I "deleted" it in that I removed the users's name from the text above. The user still exists.

Chris Decker May 31, 2013

I'm seeing the same issue. The user does, in fact, exist. The user is me, and I'm the administrator in the system. :)

Suggest an answer