OnDemand look and feel

Penelope Vandt March 28, 2013

Why does Atlassian keep changes the look and feel of the OnDemand Jira? This slows down efficiencies for the user and the benefits appear trivial. To me, I would rather time be spent on issues that improve core functionality rather than cosmetic. (See JRA-9367)

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Gary
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
April 8, 2013

Hi Penelope,

Our goal is to improve all facets of the OnDemand platform including core functionality, cosmetic, user experience, etc. Part of that is unifying the look and feel of the entire platform to make using the product is easier and more efficient without sacrificing the core functionalities. Tht being said, there are a few bugs out there including JRA-9367 that have popped up as part of these overall improvements. Our Product and Dev teams are both reviewing open issues, and fixing them on a weekly basis as part of our weekly OD releases. JRA-9367 is considered a major bug by the OnDemand Team, and is under serious review for being fixed. Feel free to let me know if you have any questions.

Cheers,

Gary

Penelope Vandt April 23, 2013

I am understand that some issues take more time to fix. With that said, it seems that the look and feel is changed at a minimum on a monthly basis. This constant churn in the layout slows down user efficiency and maintenance as they are continuously having to search for what they need to do. Look and feel upgrades should occur no more than twice a year in my opinion.

Suggest an answer