OnDemand compared to own hosting

ndh October 9, 2012

Hello,

I'm just evaluating JIRA combined with Confluence, Bonfire and Greenhopper. As far as I understood, only the own hosting allows to add all kinds of plugins and to localize the interface.

I've read the instructions for installing JIRA and Confluence, but it seems that it's not possible to integrate both out-of-the-box into ONE website as it is integrated in the OnDemand version. Only the trusted communication is described in the tutorial. But then I have 2 different URLs for JIRA and Confluence. Is that right?

And do I need the Crowd plugin to enable seamless User Management for both applications as it is available in the OnDemand version?

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Harry Chan
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 9, 2012

Hi:

Yes, only the download version has all the plugins/customizations that can be done if you need to.

Yes you will not get the same interface as how OnDemand looks.

They can be under the same domain with an Apache front end, i.e. <domain>/jira & <domain>/confluence.

You will need Crowd for SSO. Otherwise for a smaller userbase, you can use JIRA to manage both Confluence and JIRA users (it's an embedded version of Crowd inside JIRA).

If you are not up for managing all this but want the download edition, you can get it hosted instead. This is something we @ Query Foundry for example do for clients.

Suggest an answer