OnDemand : Disable access to other user's profiles

Arnaud Trotignon November 28, 2013

Hi,

How can we disable all users to click on a user's name to get its profile's page : the username appera on this page. Or disable access to this page if possible.

As it is not possible on OnDemand to change usernames, we want them to be invisible.

Any idea ?

Thanks for your time

Arnaud

3 answers

0 votes
Anand Unadkat
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 8, 2013

Hi Arnaud,

That does make it a lot clearer, thanks. The only way I see this working is if you disable the activity strem plugin via System Plugins. There is a post about this already and Jira have said that the only way to do it is by disabling the whole plugin.

https://answers.atlassian.com/questions/31059/how-can-i-hide-the-activity-stream-in-the-user-profile-to-other-users-or-generally

Hope this helps.

Regards

Anand

0 votes
Arnaud Trotignon December 8, 2013

Thanks for your answer.

However it is not what I want : Here is little explains, hoping it'll be usefull (i'm french, so please excuse my english).

When a user see on his board the 'Activity wall', every user is 'clickable', and you get a 'Public profile' of the user. The problem is that in the public profile, anyone can see the 'username' of this account. security issue for us because we rename some user to 'anonymous accounts'. And because it's not possible with OnDemand to change username, the username keep his old value (like 'nathalie.name' : not really anonymous, hu ?)

Am I clearer ?

Thanks for reading me.

Arnaud

0 votes
Anand Unadkat
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 1, 2013

Hi Arnaud,

You cannot make a user invisibile, you can only make them inactvie through the admin screen. I don't know what you mean by: "How can we disable all users to click on a user's name to get its profile's page : the username appera on this page. Or disable access to this page if possible".

If you can elaborate more then I might be able to help.

Regards

Anand

Suggest an answer