On using labels field types: want to hide the help text

John Bayne
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 27, 2014

When laying out a screen in Jira I've found it useful to use (or not) the description as help information on the screens.

Each time a 'labels' type field is used the text: "Begin typing to find and create labels or press down to select a suggested label" is dispayed below the field.

Is there a way to disable display of this text - I consider it as clutter.

Thanks,

John

Jira 6.2.7

2 answers

0 votes
IT September 24, 2014

I agree this is really annoying; after using JIRA for 3 years, our users don't need these hints.

Our standard screen includes 9 lines of description text, which really adds a fair amount to the form's length. These are fields like "Reporter".

The "Field Configurations" don't actually include this text in the field description, which is supposed to determine (or apparently add to) the help text.

0 votes
John Bayne
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 27, 2014

oops, or the text "Start typing to get a list of possible matches or press down to select." is displayed. Same question.

Suggest an answer