On the Kanban board, how do I show only issues that have an open linked issue "is blocked by"?

Deleted user November 8, 2019

I am trying to add a color red on my kanban board for any blocked issues.  However, there is not a "blocked" status defined, and likely will be challenging since there are many other teams that would need to be convinced.  But, the tickets that have a blocking issue have the issue linked as "is blocked by", so I think I can use that.

However, I only want to include blocking issues that are still open.  In other words, if a blocking issue gets resolved, then the issue that is blocked by it should not show red anymore.

So far I have the following query:  

issueFunction in hasLinks("is blocked by")

What I need is to then filter the results of the blocking issues for status.  Any ideas on how to do this?

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Hana Kučerová
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 8, 2019

Hi @[deleted] ,

welcome to the Atlassian Community!

Please try this query:

issueFunction in linkedIssuesOf("resolution = Unresolved", "blocks")

This should find all issues that are blocked by unresolved issues.

https://scriptrunner.adaptavist.com/latest/jira/jql-functions.html#_linkedissuesof

Deleted user November 8, 2019

That seems to give me what I need.  Thanks for the quick response!

Hana Kučerová
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 8, 2019

I'm glad, that I have helped you.

Would you please mark my response as accepted so that other users can see it is correct when searching for similar answers? Thank you.

Like Valar Chinese likes this
Valar Chinese November 8, 2019

Your answer came in handy, too
Thanks you

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events