On issue creation, can the issue transition to a different status based on conditions?

K May 1, 2014

In our bug workflow, the newly created issues are placed in to a status called "Triage" so that the Product Owner can review them. However, since we're a small team, the PO is often reporting bugs and prioritizing them simultaneously, and would like to skip the extra clicks to transition them into the next status, "awaiting development."

I know how to create validators and post functions, but there doesn't seem to be a way to create conditional transitions in this way. Ideally, it would look something like:

If current user is the PO, transition to status 1.

Else, transition to status 2.

Any ideas? We're using onDemand so plug-ins aren't really an option for us. =/

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 1, 2014

Short answer is no. All transitions have a fixed end point.

I usually do stuff like this with a listener - it can catch the first transition, scan it for the data that determines whether it should have gone to another status, and issues the transition to move from the current to desired status. But you can't add any to OnDemand. You might have access to the "auto transition listener", but I don't know if that could help really, I suspect not.

Might having two issue types work? E.g. "low detail" and "high detail"

K May 1, 2014

Thanks. I suspected there wasn't a lot I could do, but figured I'd ask.

Suggest an answer