On change of issue type, multi-select custom field does not behave like components/versions fields

Anere Goodness May 25, 2016

Similar question was asked in this thread, https://answers.atlassian.com/questions/43534 before. But still hitting this issue after using the suggested answer, 

<script type="text/javascript">
(function($){
new AJS.MultiSelect({
element: $("#customfield_XXXXX"),
itemAttrDisplayed: "label",
errorMessage: AJS.params.multiselectComponentsError
});
})(AJS.$);
</script>

Any ideas how to fix this? Any help will be appreciated.

1 answer

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 25, 2016

That answer is from 2012.  More recent versions of JIRA are preventing the injection of javascript because it breaks things in interesting ways (including introducing security holes).  You could try it in the announcement banner, but I'm not sure the code is valid any more, given its age.

Anere Goodness May 25, 2016

Thanks Nic for your response.

Please is there any other safe way I could achieve this? my JIRA instance version is 7.0.0. and will upgrade it soon to 7.1.7 version and I need my multi-select custom field to behave like component/version fields.

any suggestions or solution will be highly appreciated.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 25, 2016

I don't know of any way to do this, other than creating custom field types that can use the javascript you need.

Suggest an answer