On Windows 8, What Group do I need to assign to my Administrator Account to Stop/Start/Restart the JIRA Service?

Daniel Swaney July 11, 2015

This question is in reference to Atlassian Documentation: Running JIRA as a Service

I'm using Windows 8.  I've installed JIRA via the MSI 64-bit installer. When I try to administer the Tomcat Server via the Windows Server entry, it doesn't allow me to Stop/Start/Restart the Service?

I'm familiar with Tomcat and it's dependency on Java.  I'm also familiar with the gotcha where a Windows Service wrapper can often say a Java Process is 'stopped' when it isn't fully stopped.

However, I do want to manually Stop and Start the Service using my Administrator account.

Is there an easy way to do this without ripping out the Service and re-installing it?

2 answers

0 votes
David Di Blasio
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
July 13, 2015

Hi Daniel, We're happy to hear you were able to get this issue sorted out. Feel free to mark yourself as answered :).

0 votes
Daniel Swaney July 11, 2015

Disregard. I was using a Standard User account. After switching to my Administrator Account I was able to restart it.

Suggest an answer