On-Premise and On-Demand Interoperation

Andrew Que September 10, 2013

Is it possible to integrate JIRA On-Premise to Confluence On-Demand and JIRA Agile On-Demand?

So basically I have 2 products on-demand (JIRA Agile and Confluence) and 1 product on-premise (JIRA).

Is it possible to integrate the 3?

Regards,

2 answers

0 votes
RambanamP
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 10, 2013

yes, you can link installed jira with ondemand confluenc using application links,

check this question as same as yours

https://answers.atlassian.com/questions/147374/integrating-jira-download-with-confluence-ondemand

RambanamP
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 10, 2013

sorry!! i have't tried that because we have all installed versions so i can't assure you 100%

Matthew J. Horn
Rising Star
Rising Star
September 10, 2013

You must be new here. ;)

Before I marked this answered, is it 100% seamless? No exceptions?

Will try and update you guys :)

Will it share users?

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 10, 2013

Depends on what you mean by "integrate", it's a very vague word in this context. You might want something as simple as "link issue in Jira 1 to one in Jira 2", or replication of issues between systems, or email exchanges, or shared user accounts, or SSO, or, or, or...

Could you tell us roughly what you're aiming for?

An analogy of my requirements will be:

Setup JIRA On-Demand
Add Confluence to package.
Add JIRA Agile to package.

After this I will be charged $30 for the 3 apps that are tightly integrated together on Atlassian's server.

I want this kind of integration so its "FULL" integration I guess, all you mentioned link issues, shared accounts, etc.

Actually the main purpose of having a JIRA On-Premise are the add-ons that are not supported on On-Premise.

Regards,

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 10, 2013

If you're going to move from your own install to fully hosted OnDemand, then yes, you'll get shared users, and cross-application linking, and it's automatic.

Your original question suggested something slightly different - your own Jira, with Agile and Confluence OnDemand - that won't quite work as Agile can only work when installed inside a Jira. But if you've got (say) Jira self-hosted and Confluence OnDemand, you can get the links between them to work. But not the users, if I understand correctly.

Suggest an answer