On Jira 5.2 how can I turn Edit Issue to ordinary screen instead of popup

Slava Liberzon September 11, 2013

Hello,

We are in midst of testing Jira 5.2, we want thet create issue and edit issue actions would appear as ordinary screens instead of popups. How can we achive this?

Thanks,

Slava

3 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
RambanamP
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 11, 2013

to disable edit/create popup try with this

<script type="text/javascript">
JIRA.ViewIssueTabs.onTabReady(function() {
AJS.$("#edit-issue").removeClass("issueaction-edit-issue");
AJS.$("#create_link").removeClass("create-issue");
});
</script>

It works for create issue, Edit Issue is still in the same situation.

Regards,

Slava

RambanamP
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 11, 2013

try something like this

<script type="text/javascript">
jQuery(document).ready(function($) {
AJS.$("#edit-issue").removeClass("issueaction-edit-issue");
});
</script>

or try with my updated answer!!

0 votes

Hi Rambanam,

Thank You very much for your help!

Finaly it works, after I used your updated script.

With Best Regards,

Slava

RambanamP
Rising Star
Rising Star
September 11, 2013

if something helped don't for got accept as a answer/voteup/like the comment(if it helped) it will help to other user to choose right answer as well it will close the issue

0 votes
RambanamP
Rising Star
Rising Star
September 11, 2013

check this document

https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/JIRAKB/How+to+disable+Create+Issue+popup

another way is you can right click and open in new tab will work as you expected

check this, same question

https://answers.atlassian.com/questions/139929/normal-screen-while-logging-a-request-in-jira-5-2-2-instead-of-pop-up-dialog-screen

Hi,

I have tryed the first way: adding the "<script type="text/javascript">

</script>" to the Announcement Banner, it works fine for Create Issue, but eddit issue still appears as popup. Is there a similar way to deal with Edit Issue?

Regards,

Slava

Suggest an answer