On CSV importer issue can't be created due to errors - [field] is required. But the field is not a required field.

Bill June 28, 2016

When importing a CSV file error messages are generated at Validate time looking for a field the system believes is a required field when in fact it is not (Custom Fields).  Also, receive warning messages the value cannot be added to a Custom Field because the value cannot be found or is in the incorrect format.  Thanks in advance for the assistance.

Error messages:

• Issue can't be created due to the error/s [ ITLT Member is required. ]
  • Issue can't be created due to the error/s [ System Application Area is required.; ITLT Member is required.]

Warning messages:

• The value [ {null=user01} ] can't be added to the Custom Field [ ITLT Member ]. The value [ {null=user01} ] can't be found or is in the incorrect format
  • The value [ {null=None} ] can't be added to the Custom Field [ System Application Area ]. The value [ {null=None} ] can't be found or is in the incorrect format

2 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Steven F Behnke
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 28, 2016

I believe you're running into this issue – https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JRA-41282

The current workaround is to use the Administration External System Import function.

0 votes
Bill June 29, 2016

Yes, I did not realize there are two ways to import issues from CSV - within a project and Admin External System Import function.  Previously, I used the External System Import and it worked as expected once I got past the date format.  As an admin, I will use the External System Import in the future.  Thanks for the tip.

Suggest an answer