• Community
  • Products
  • Jira Software
  • Questions
  • On Agile when looking at Epic, click on "View on Board". Response "There are no boards which contain this issue". How can that be? How can I add the epic to a board?

On Agile when looking at Epic, click on "View on Board". Response "There are no boards which contain this issue". How can that be? How can I add the epic to a board?

M February 9, 2016

2 answers

0 votes
Jobin Kuruvilla [Adaptavist]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 9, 2016

You have to make sure one of the boards have a filter that matches the Epic. It is all about writing the correct filters.

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 9, 2016

Make sure that one or more boards have filters that include it.

M February 9, 2016

Sorry, I don’t completely understand. I just clicked on “View on Board” from the Jira tool. I don’t know what filter it is using.

And I have no filter set that would exclude this Epic from being on a board. I have compared it with other Epics that show up on a board and I can’t find any difference.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 9, 2016

Every board is based on a filter.  It's often something like "project = X", although you can make far more complex ones. Such as "project = X and issuetype != Epic", which I've seen many times.  Check the board's general configuration for that.

Post the filter here if you're uncertain, and check that the Epic matches it by running the same filter in the issue navigator.

Might also be worth trying "project = X (and the rest of your filter) OR key = <JIRA ID for Epic>" and see if that makes it appear.

M February 10, 2016

When I use the Search window and put in: project = ces AND key = CES-3545 it shows up. It also shows up if I do each one of those individually. That is why I am perplexed. It looks just like all the other Epics, but gets the pop-up when I click on "View on Board". Also when on the Agile "Plan" board that particular epic does not show up in the Epic column on the left side. That is how I noticed it to start with, it doesn't show up on the Plan in the Epic column like the others.

Suggest an answer