On Activity Stream it is written that issue was resolved but actually it wasn't

troffi May 28, 2014

Hi!

I faced with a strange behavior of an Activity Stream in our JIRA instance.

We have placed activity stream widget on a dashboard with one filter: filter by project.

When someone changes status of the ticket from "new" to "open" (no specific post-functions are involved) - there is a strange message on the Activity Stream:

<Developer> resolved <Issues>

I would expect that such message will be written in case Resolution field is not empty anymore.

Could you please help me, how can I fix it?

JIRA version is: v6.1.2#6157

1 answer

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 28, 2014

There might not be any specific post-functions, but I suspect you've got the resolution field on the transition screen from new -> open.

Remove it. You should only place resolution on screens that are going into a "done"/"closed"/"finished" status. Never create, edit or a transition into a non-end point status.

troffi May 29, 2014

Hi,

I can prove that Resolution field has not been changed. It is not on the transition screen. Moreover, there is no information about field changes on a "History" tab of the issue and Resolution value remains "Unresolved".

You should only place resolution on screens that are going into a "done"/"closed"/"finished" status. Never create, edit or a transition into a non-end point status.

Nevertheless, thanks for the tip.

Suggest an answer