On Activity Stream it is written that issue was resolved but actually it wasn't

Hi!

I faced with a strange behavior of an Activity Stream in our JIRA instance.

We have placed activity stream widget on a dashboard with one filter: filter by project.

When someone changes status of the ticket from "new" to "open" (no specific post-functions are involved) - there is a strange message on the Activity Stream:

<Developer> resolved <Issues>

I would expect that such message will be written in case Resolution field is not empty anymore.

Could you please help me, how can I fix it?

JIRA version is: v6.1.2#6157

1 answer

0 votes

There might not be any specific post-functions, but I suspect you've got the resolution field on the transition screen from new -> open.

Remove it. You should only place resolution on screens that are going into a "done"/"closed"/"finished" status. Never create, edit or a transition into a non-end point status.

Hi,

I can prove that Resolution field has not been changed. It is not on the transition screen. Moreover, there is no information about field changes on a "History" tab of the issue and Resolution value remains "Unresolved".

You should only place resolution on screens that are going into a "done"/"closed"/"finished" status. Never create, edit or a transition into a non-end point status.

Nevertheless, thanks for the tip.

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Posted Sep 25, 2018 in Jira

Atlassian Research Workshop opportunity on Sep. 28th in Austin, TX

We're looking for participants for a workshop at Atlassian! We need Jira admins who have interesting custom workflows, issue views, or boards. Think you have a story to sha...

467 views 7 5
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you