Older attachments are not showing up in cloud site

anoja sahoo October 19, 2017

I migrated a Jira site from server to cloud. Weirdly, not all the attachments are available on the cloud site. The ones which have not made it to the cloud site have been made / uploaded in 2010. The later ones are available (though there is no way to verify this, there are way too many attachments in the site). When I click on those, I get something like this. 

Attachment.jpg

Does anyone know why this might be happening?

1 answer

0 votes
Andy Heinzer
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
October 20, 2017

Do you still have the Jira Server instance available to you?  If so I would recommend returning to those issues on the Jira Server instance to make sure that the attachments exist and are functional there as well.

The Server to Cloud migration process should have included these as flat files to be imported.  Jira stores attachments in the $JIRAHOME/data/attachments/ folder.   Part of the process of migrating to Cloud requires you to zip the contents of that folder and include this in the import process.  I don't yet have an explanation as to why the attachments from 2010 or before would not exist here.  But it would help to check that the server had these at the time of import first.  If it does, then it would also be a good idea to try to check and make sure that your backup zip file contained these as well.

If both are true, then we would likely want to dig into this problem deeper by opening a support request to investigate the details here. It might be possible there are logs of the import still if this was a recent event.   If you like I can do this on your behalf, or you can create a support request directly at https://getsupport.atlassian.com

If you still have the Jira Server available, a quick way to find these would be to use the Jira search JQL of:

attachments is not empty and created <=  '2010/12/31'

This should be able to show you issues in Jira created on or before that date that also have at least 1 attachment.

Suggest an answer