Old server is gone, moving install to new server

Blommetje March 3, 2013

The old server with the install is gone and all I have is a DB backup.

The new server is Linux (was Windows). Tomorrow the sysadmin will install Jira on the new server with the old DB.

Are there any things I need to know now? Can I simply use my serial key without issue?

I have zero experience with Linux so the small window I have with the sysadmin it should be done ok. I'm a bit worried for the whole thing....

1 answer

0 votes
Rahul Aich [Nagra]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 3, 2013

You would also need to move your attachments manually as that is not preserved by the DB backup(or the xml backup).

Any configurations you had on your old installation such as on the jira-application.properties, dbconfig.xml, osuser.xml etc will again need to be moved manually.

Any avatars will again need to be moved.

You will need to manually install any plugins that you had installed in the older server of jira.

Rahul

Rahul Aich [Nagra]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 3, 2013

The jira installation should be fine on linux (make sure you install the correct jira version upto the build number) and the xml import should also work fine. but before you roll it out to users for use you will need to fix all the issues above.

Rahul

Blommetje March 3, 2013

Ok, maybe i can recover those files. But the new install itself should not be an issue? Should the old code not be 'released' or 'returned' ?

Suggest an answer