Old project avatar appears in Create Issue screens's Project select

Christopher Watson April 28, 2014

I had uploaded and assigned a custom PNG to my project avatar. I decided to change it to a new PNG that follows company-wide design guidelines. I even deleted the previous one from the list of available avatar images prior to uploading the new one. The new one looks great on all project-related screens that display it, but the old one is what shows up at the left side of that project's item in the Project selection menu of the Create Issue screen. I have already tried peerforming re-indexing of JIRA and the project, thinking that might force it to pick up the right avatar, but to no avail. I know this is just a cosmetic thing, but is there something else I need to do to force the new avatar into ALL places it appears?

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Boris Georgiev _Appfire_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 28, 2014

Have you checked if this is not a browser cache related issue ? Have you tried "force refresh" of the page ?

Absolutely. That's the first course of action for anything I see like this. Most assuredly not browser caching.

Boris Georgiev _Appfire_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 28, 2014

Asked because the same happend on my JIRA and cleaning the cache solved it.

Miraculously, the avatar has now updated itself. No explanation for it, however.

Suggest an answer