Official JIRA software known issues list?

Christian Beck January 28, 2016

For our tool validation, we need to comply with CRF 21 Part 11, where it is requested that we validate JIRA "to ensure accuracy, reliability, consistent intended performance". In order to create evidence that our process fulfill this requirement, I want to add the provision (to our tool qualification form) to review the JIRA known issues list prior to any upgrade. Now my problem is that I don't find such a list, that I could reference: The upgrade or release notes contain only resolved issues. And I am not sure that I get the right selection of issues when I go to e.g. https://jira.atlassian.com/issues?jql=project = JRA AND issuetype = Bug AND Priority in (Critical, Major) AND affectedVersion in (7.0.0) ORDER BY key DESC

Is there any other location on the web that I could reference?

Best regards,

Christian

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 28, 2016

You are looking in the right place - the JRA project contains all the public known issues that Atlassian are aware of.

The release notes for a version are essentially the list of things fixed or changed in that release.  The list of "known issues" is simple - look at the JRA project for "affects version X" for things directly known to affect that version, and probably "unresolved" as those problems which may affect many version.

Christian Beck January 28, 2016

OK, thank you for this information, Nic

Suggest an answer