Office Attachments in Jira Service Desk?

Trey Harper October 2, 2017

Other then .jpg, .png, .gif, are office files not acceptable in Jira Service Desk? I haven't been able to find a direct answer to this question. If they're not accepted, is there an add-on I can look at for being able to make this happen, or a configuration change? We're using a linux based server install. Thanks in advance.

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted

It looks like .xlsx/.pdf work just fine but .docx/.doc, .txt, .pptx, and .vsdx, are giving the error: "The Upload Failed." When you hover over the error it reads that the browser may not be able to read the file. This is true for IE & Chrome.

Brant Schroeder
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 2, 2017

Are you getting any errors in you JIRA logs?  Are you running JIRA behind a proxy?  Are the files really large?

I haven't had a chance to check the logs just yet, I'm about to start going through them. There is no proxy, we're using an internal server for internal use only. The files are blank/empty. 

Trey Harper October 26, 2017

The issue was the files were empty. 0 bytes. Since I was testing what I could add, I was only creating new files on my desktop and pulling them over to a ticket. As soon as I added something to the files they uploaded fine.

0 votes
Brant Schroeder
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 2, 2017

Office files are acceptable.  We use them all the time.  Are you having a specific issue or error that is being thrown when users try to upload?

Suggest an answer