Occasional Error with SIL User Picker

Topher October 30, 2014

I have an SIL User Picker set up with an SIL script to filter the list of users to select for the field. Setting the field works just fine from the edit screen and does not produce any errors. There have been reports from some users that when they go back to the edit screen for a JIRA issue and edit 1 or more fields then an error gets thrown under the SIL User Picker when they click the Update button. The error states "User 'someuser' is not a valid selection." where someuser is any user that is selected for that field.

The filtering still works since the auto-suggestions still work after typing in a name, but the issue won't update unless you remove whatever value was in that field. If you change the user, the error message will just update to that new user when you click the Update button again. Users are then forced to remove the user from the field and edit the issue again to add the user back in to that field that was in there previously.

This error is inconsistent and I am not able to reproduce it every time, but if I keep editing an issue the error will eventually get thrown if the SIL User Picker has a value in it. The inconsistency of the issue is really what is baffling. There also is no error thrown in the atlassian log when I encounter this issue. Our current JIRA version is 6.0.7 and we are using JJupin 2.6.8 along with User Group Picker 2.6.3 and User Group Picker PRO 1.6.4.

1 answer

1 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
FlorinM
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 30, 2014

Hi Christopher,

I've created an internal issue for this and will keep you updated with the progress.

Regards,

Florin.

FlorinM
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 9, 2014

Hi Christopher, We're having a hard time reproducing the issue. Could you provide the script used to generate the user list? Thanks!

Topher November 10, 2014

Here is the script used for the SIL User Picker: function getUsers(string [] szGroups) { string [] szUsers; for(string szGroup in szGroups) { string [] szCurrentGroup; szCurrentGroup = addElement(szCurrentGroup, szGroup); for(string szUser in usersInGroups(szCurrentGroup)) { szUsers = addElementIfNotExist(szUsers, szUser); } } if(arraySize(szUsers) > 0) { return szUsers; } else { string [] szDefaultGroups = {"jira-users"}; return usersInGroups(szDefaultGroups); } } string [] szProjectProperties = admProjectProperties(project); string szSearchGroup = szProjectProperties["name"] + " (" + szProjectProperties["key"] + ") Users"; string [] szGroups = szSearchGroup; return getUsers(szGroups);

FlorinM
Rising Star
Rising Star
November 25, 2014

Hi Christopher, This issue should be resolved with the 3.0.0 versions we just published today.

Topher November 25, 2014

Great! Thank you so much for your support!

Suggest an answer