Obtain all issues via URL/Link (I can only get 1000 in each report)

Eric Gross November 28, 2012

Can I obtain all open/closed/resolved/etc. issues via URL for the past year (from the current date)?

http://<MY JIRA SERVER>/sr/jira.issueviews:searchrequest-excel-all-fields/10064/SearchRequest-10064.xls?

I can't use the above link, but this one works to get the last 1000 that were opened:

http://<MY JIRA SERVER>/sr/jira.issueviews:searchrequest-excel-all-fields/10064/SearchRequest-10064.xls?tempMax=1000

I'm not certain how to grab all hosts, and how to specify that they were only from the last year.

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 28, 2012

You seem to have answered your own question.

You might also want to try looking at the variety of "views" on the issue navigator - especially the XML view, or possibly RSS

Eric Gross November 29, 2012

I forgot to mention, it doesn't let me put anything higher than 1000 for tempMax, and I don't there there is an "all" variable for that either.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 29, 2012

So if you change that url to include (say) tempmax=5000 instead, it stops you? That's a deliberate block by your Jira administrators, to prevent you overloading the system with top-heavy downloads.

Have you tried improving your filter request? All you've got here is a saved filter, you don't explain what's in it - I'd certainly be starting with "created > -365d"

Yes, that is also blocked. I'm assuming by limit that is placed. I've added jira-config.properties to the JIRA_HOME folder, and added jira.search.views.max.limit = 10000

Hopefully this works, but I need to figure out how to restart JIRA first (on windows)

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
November 29, 2012

Sorry, what is also blocked? If you can see those urls, you have a login, and if you can log in, you can create filters, and run your own, better, searches. Unless it's got anonymous enabled.

Please remember that those limits were probably implemented because running large reports can kill your server. The limits are off by default, so someone on your server has done it deliberately, to prevent overloads.

Either way, I seriously suggest you talk to your admins about why it's set up this way and how better to answer your questions about the data.

I've been given permission to modify the file to increase the maximum. I've added the config file at C:\Program Files\Atlassian\Application Data\JIRA\jira-config.properties, and added the line java.search.views.max.limit = 10000 (I will decrease this after I confirm it works), and rebooted the service; and it has worked. The temp max (when anyone normally gets reports) gets only 1000, but will allow more if specified in the URL.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
November 29, 2012

Ok, Just remember that this is the first thing to look for when you have performance issues.

I'll make a note, thanks!

Suggest an answer