OBR Plugin failed to load (traceability matrix)

Andrew Khoury February 19, 2014

I'm attempting to install the traceability matrix plugin for jira by placing it in the jira-home/plugins/installed-plugins folder.

I get the following error:

********************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************

The following plugins failed to load:

com.kostebekteknoloji.plugins.jira.jira-traceability-matrix-2.2.obr: The artifact URI file:/jira-home/plugins/installed-plugins/com.kostebekteknoloji.plugins.jira.jira-traceability-matrix-2.2.obr is not a valid plugin artifact

********************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************

I'm using the latest version of jira, 1.6.7 and the latest traceability matrix plugin 2.2 (which is reported as SDK/Plugin Version 2).
I've been able to install other plugins (which happen to be .jars) fine, but this one is giving me grief.
Is there something special I need to do with OBRs, or am I missing something else?
--------------------
When I attempt to install the plugin via the web console, either by using the marketplace, or downloading the file and uploading ... it works. Interestingly it turns the OBR into a JAR.
Do I need to do something special to the OBR to 'turn it into a jar' before I place it in the plugins folder?

2 answers

0 votes

I attempted to rename the file to a .jar (just incase) and recieved the following:

The following plugins failed to load:

jira-traceability-matrix-2.2.jar: No plugin factories found for plugin file Unit: /jira-home/plugins/installed-plugins/jira-traceability-matrix-2.2.jar (1392895673000)

0 votes

I attempted to rename the plugin name and now recieve the following:

2014-02-20 20:42:35,524 localhost-startStop-1 ERROR      [atlassian.plugin.loaders.ScanningPluginLoader] Unable to deploy plugin 'null' from 'Unit: /jira-home/plugins/installed-plugins/jira-traceability-matrix-2.2.obr (1392889305000)'.

2014-02-20 20:42:35,524 localhost-startStop-1 ERROR      [atlassian.plugin.loaders.ScanningPluginLoader] Because of the following exception:

java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: The artifact URI file:/jira-home/plugins/installed-plugins/jira-traceability-matrix-2.2.obr is not a valid plugin artifact

at com.atlassian.plugin.DefaultPluginArtifactFactory.create(DefaultPluginArtifactFactory.java:38)

at com.atlassian.plugin.loaders.ScanningPluginLoader.deployPluginFromUnit(ScanningPluginLoader.java:151)

at com.atlassian.plugin.loaders.ScanningPluginLoader.loadAllPlugins(ScanningPluginLoader.java:89)

at com.atlassian.plugin.loaders.PermissionCheckingPluginLoader.loadAllPlugins(PermissionCheckingPluginLoader.java:24)

at com.atlassian.plugin.manager.DefaultPluginManager.init(DefaultPluginManager.java:207)

at com.atlassian.jira.plugin.JiraPluginManager.start(JiraPluginManager.java:81)

Suggest an answer