NumberFormatException Importing BitBucket issues into Jira

Jim O'Halloran June 16, 2013

I've set up an Eval version of Jira in order to install the BitBucket Importer plugin. My intention is to import our BitBucket issues, and backup the imported data to restore to our Jira OnDemand service. We've got three BitBucket repos using issue tracking that I want to import. Two have imported flawlessly, but the largest (and most important) does not. In the UI I see the following error:

Error
Fetching data from Bitbucket failed: java.lang.NumberFormatException: null (the complete exception can be found in the log)

And if I view the log I see the following exception:

2013-06-15 12:07:07,065 JiraTaskExectionThread-9 ERROR jim 727x852x1 1n7wfqm 203.122.235.224 /secure/admin/views/FetchDataPage!default.jspa [importer.bitbucket.fetch.DataFetchJob] Fetching data from Bitbucket has failed
java.lang.NumberFormatException: null
	at java.lang.Integer.parseInt(Unknown Source)
	at java.lang.Integer.parseInt(Unknown Source)
	at com.atlassian.jira.plugins.importer.bitbucket.BitbucketImporterClient.waitForRepositoryBackupToFinish(BitbucketImporterClient.java:312)
	at com.atlassian.jira.plugins.importer.bitbucket.BitbucketImporterClient.loadProject(BitbucketImporterClient.java:236)
	at com.atlassian.jira.plugins.importer.bitbucket.fetch.DataFetchJob$DataFetchCallable.call(DataFetchJob.java:99)
	at com.atlassian.jira.plugins.importer.bitbucket.fetch.DataFetchJob$DataFetchCallable.call(DataFetchJob.java:73)
	at com.atlassian.jira.task.TaskManagerImpl$TaskCallableDecorator.call(TaskManagerImpl.java:365)
	at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask$Sync.innerRun(Unknown Source)
	at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask.run(Unknown Source)
	at java.util.concurrent.Executors$RunnableAdapter.call(Unknown Source)
	at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask$Sync.innerRun(Unknown Source)
	at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask.run(Unknown Source)
	at com.atlassian.jira.task.ForkedThreadExecutor$ForkedRunnableDecorator.run(ForkedThreadExecutor.java:249)
	at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)

The BitBucket repo has 260 issues, so it's not super huge. I am able to manually download a backup from BitBucket (it's a 17Mb) zip file. The server has ample space to download and unzip this file.

Not being able to import BitBucket issues is blocks us from moving to Jira, we're going through this routine of using an eval Jira because previous requests to make te BitBucket Importer available to OnDemand users have not been actioned.

1 answer

0 votes
aMarcus
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
August 6, 2013

Hello,

I beleive this was fixed rather recently. Check out https://ecosystem.atlassian.net/browse/JIM-991 followed by https://marketplace.atlassian.com/plugins/com.atlassian.jira.plugins.jira-importers-bitbucket-plugin. Looks like your exact issue was resolved in a bugfix on the 23rd.

Give upgrading a try and see if it is working for you now.

Suggest an answer