Number of visible workflow buttons in Service Desk?

Paul Richard February 22, 2017

I wanted to increase the default number of visible transition buttons from 2 to 4 for a Service Desk project so I followed the instructions on this JIRA Server page (subsection: "To change the number of transition buttons from the default of two"). However, I see no difference. Should this be expected to work for Service Desk or is the property only observed by JIRA Core and Software projects?

Paul

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 22, 2017

It should work for all project types, but only in the plain Core issue view (i.e. looking at https://yourjira/browse/SD-42 for example)

Paul Richard February 23, 2017

Thanks for the reply, but on my installation that view behaves the same in terms of the buttons. I only see 2 buttons and then the menu. Any other ideas?

Paul

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 25, 2017

No, that's the way to change the number.  It's working fine on the installations I've done it to - are you sure have the right file, spelling of the property key and restarted your install?  (I usually managed to mis-spell properties when I'm trying to change them)

Paul Richard May 28, 2018

I finally made my way back to this recently and quickly noticed my blunder last time. When creating the properties file, I failed to notice that the editor had automatically appended the .txt extension. Once I removed it, it worked as expected. I just thought I'd finally close this "open loop". Late thanks to Nic for your assistance!

Suggest an answer