Number of visible workflow buttons changes throughout workflow

Kyle Hammerberg September 18, 2014

So I have a JIRA workflow that at one step has 4 possible transitions, so I modified the jira-config.properties file that we created in <jira-home>/atlassian-jira/WEB-INF/classes by adding the following line:

ops.bar.group.size.opsbar-transitions = 4

Restarted JIRA and it now shows 3 buttons at one part of my workflow, which suggests that the change did get picked up as JIRA's default is only 2 buttons:

Screen Shot 2014-09-18 at 4.53.46 PM.png

But in the part of the workflow where it should show 4 buttons it only shows 2 buttons and hides the other 2 under the Workflow drop-down.

Screen Shot 2014-09-18 at 4.53.07 PM.png

Anyone see this before?

2 answers

0 votes
Kyle Hammerberg September 19, 2014

Well, moot point now as we've reduced the complexity of the workflow. Thinking it has some tie between setting of ops.bar.group.size.opsbar-transitions inside jira-config.properties on the server, and adding opsbar-sequence property in each of the transitions to sort their order onscreen. Not sure of the fix but I no longer need it to be.

Steven F Behnke
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 22, 2014

I wouldn't know why you are being downvoted here. I do know that I see this question a lot. Perhaps someone is sour at reading the same question again, who knows. It's a public forum so plenty of people are free to come and vote and answer.

0 votes
Kyle Hammerberg September 19, 2014

So i post my first question on answers.atlassian and I get -1 point on my question and -5 points on my profile. Quite the warm welcome. Am I missing some unwritten rule of this board? Is my question unclear or in the wrong place? Do I need to toss my firstborn into a volcano to show my allegiance to Atlassian products?

Suggest an answer