Number of stories in epic in issue navigator?

Lars Mai July 31, 2013

Hi,

I wonder if it is possible to see the number of stories of an epic in the issue navigator?

I created a custom query in the issue navigator, to give me a sortable overview of the epic stories. The one column I'd like to have there, but can't find, is the number of stories in that specifc epic. Is there a way to get this information, so I can sort by it?

Also, the total of story points of stories in that epic would be nice, but if I add that column, it's empty, event if the stories have points assigned. This seems odd, is there a way to get that sum displayed?

Thanks!

3 answers

1 vote
Peter T
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 21, 2014

Lars,

you can create a scripted field that calculates the number of stories. This field will be visible only on view and dashboards and not on edit and transition, but I think this should suffice.

0 votes
MicahF November 4, 2013

To get the sum, export it as Excel and do the calculations there.

Never a good solution. (But frequently the required one with Jira.)

Breklyn Smith August 18, 2015

Terrible solution! Is there not a way to do this in Jira???

Like Shaun Sheehan likes this
0 votes
Timothy
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 31, 2013

I wonder if it is possible to see the number of stories of an epic in the issue navigator?

Example JQL : "Epic Link" = FE-4478 and issuetype = Story. This should give you the number of issues returned in the filter.

This seems odd, is there a way to get that sum displayed?

To get the sum, export it as Excel and do the calculations there.

Suggest an answer