Number of reopening - how to?

Rumceisz July 3, 2014

Hi All,

our user community needs the number of reopening for each issue on particular projects. Specifically when the issue was transitioned from Resolved to Reopen.

Is there a way to do that? It's something to do in post functions?

Thanks a lot!

Rumi

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Vishnukumar Vasudevan
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 9, 2014

Alternatively, you can consider installing ‘JIRA Enhancer Plugin’ it adds a custom field type called ‘Re-open’ counter. Please refer http://www.jiraenhancerplugin.com/for more details.

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 3, 2014

You can create a number field and use "add to custom field" type post functions.

It's also possible to create scripted/derived fields to extract it from the history, and there are some addons in the marketplace that implement those counters.

Rumceisz July 3, 2014

Hi Nic,

there is no "add to custom field" type post fiunction. I'm really not acquinted with that scripting languaage. If I have custom field X then how does it look like Custom_field_X.value =Custom_field_X.value +1 ??

Thanks,
Rumi

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
July 3, 2014

No, you need a plugin for that - either a scripting plugin or one of the plugins that contains an "increment custom field" function.

Rumceisz July 6, 2014

Thanks.

Is there a SQL query which gets that info? At least we run this every week.

Thanks again!

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
July 6, 2014

I'm not an export at SQL, just know the basics, and you're probably better off understanding the data instead of just having some SQL that does it from one angle (such as the below, where I've started from the actual change of status record. But you might want to approach it from an issue view)

Read changeitem for lines like "status changed from xxx to Reopened". Then join that to changegroup to read the issueID off which ties the change of status back to the jiraissue table.

Suggest an answer