NullPointerException while importing a project in JIRA 5.0.7

SANJEEV DAMERA February 18, 2013

()

Hi,

I have taken an xml backup of JIRA and i tried in importing a project using that zip file. But i am getting the Error 500. That is

java.util.concurrent.ExecutionException: java.lang.NullPointerException

Can any one help on this ..?

Thanks

Sanjeev

1 answer

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 18, 2013

Not really, there's not enough information. (An NPE in Java really is a catchall error - it could be almost anything)

Please have another look at the log file and post the errors in there. At the very least, the handful of lines around the one you've posted.

Hi Nic,

More info regarding the error is provided in the below txt file.

(Error.txt)

Thanks

Sanjeev

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 18, 2013

Looks like the xml in your backup is invalid.

It might be because of missing data though (do the issue types in your system match the issue types in the source system? You need to make the source have all the issue types you are importing)

I have created a new instance and i am trying to import xml file which was fetched from the Testing server. XML backup is an auto scheduled task so i think xml is correct.

The issue types in my system are not matching with source. But the error is thrown at the first step of importing only .. I even didnot add the project name(Till now i didnot go to second step).

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
February 18, 2013

Mmm. Is it possible to create a temporary installation (a local standalone version with the local hsql database with a dev licence or even a developer system using the SDK will do this) and try importing the whole thing into it? That will validate the xml, and prove if the versions are right too.

You still need to get the issue types to match - the target project should have all the issue types in the export (by name) in there before the import will work.

SANJEEV DAMERA February 21, 2013

If i try to import my Production XML into fresh installation of JIRA, failed with same error.

Jero Dungog May 29, 2019

@SANJEEV DAMERA  did you get this to work?

Suggest an answer