NullPointerException when viewing user profile

James Radvan September 18, 2012

(oops.txt) I have been updating avatars for all of the users in my Jira installations (successfully). When I went to update my own, Jira returned a stacktrace with a NullPointerException. It is reproducible only for myself, and for any route into the user profile e.g.:

- from /secure/admin/user/UserBrowser.jspa, clicking on username

- from /secure/admin/user/UserBrowser.jspa, clicking on edit avatar in hoverbox

- from any issue page clicking on the username or avatar

I have successfully run an integrity check, which did not pick up any issues and did not fix the problem. Same with rebuilding indexes and restarting the service. I have logged in and out and restarted my browser. The issue is still reproducible.

2 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Radu Dumitriu
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 18, 2012

Run in the database this sql:

select * from propertyentry where propertytype is null;

If it returns rows, you need to update the propertytype with the corrseponding id

0 votes
Dave C
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
September 27, 2012

I've written up a KB for this under NullPointerException when viewing User Profile which has verification and also suggested steps for the fix. :)

Suggest an answer