Null pointer exception when trying to delete a user from Jira internal directory

Fahad V A May 7, 2014

Hi,

When I try to delete a user from the internal directory I amm getting the below error.

Exception trying to remove user: java.lang.RuntimeException: java.lang.NullPointerException

I need to delete the user, how can i do so. Please help.

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 7, 2014

Null pointer exceptions are the java error of last resort, and usually mean you need to look elsewhere for the actual cause. We can't tell you anything more than "it went wrong" from an NPE.

You need to look at more of the error on this one. Where did the NPE occur (should be the next couple of lines of log - you've chopped it off before anything of any use to us is printed out). Is there a "caused by" later down the log?

Karen Rogalski May 21, 2021

I'm getting same error when trying to delete user who has no Activity, and isn't a Reporter/Assignee on any issues so what is preventing deletion?

Exception trying to remove user: java.lang.RuntimeException: java.lang.NullPointerException

Suggest an answer