Null Pointer in Workflow Validator

E Palmer May 19, 2015

Hi All, 

I am getting a null pointer when transitioning an issue from one workflow state to the next.  The next state has a validator that is "Only users with Resolve Issues permission can execute this transition."  This user does not have those permissions.

The null pointer DOES prevent the transition, but I am expecting more information for the user such as "You don't have permissions" rather than a null pointer.  Is this a bug or working as intended?

Thanks!

image2015-5-19 14:59:47.png

2 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Jobin Kuruvilla [Adaptavist]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 19, 2015

Depends! Do you have any workflow validators in the "Pass" transition? If so, that is a good place to start debugging. You will have to check the logs to find the issue without doubt.

Since you are on Atlassian Cloud, raise a support ticket with Atlassian to get the logs.

0 votes
E Palmer May 19, 2015

Thanks Jobin.  The Pass had the same validator which also failed in the same way.  I decided to go with a conditional rather than a validator, and that works for my needs.

Thanks for the response.  Consider it accepted.

Suggest an answer