Novice trying to build a filter...need help :/

Tracie Harris April 14, 2014

I am trying to build a filter, and I've searched all day for an answer, and not found anything that addresses what I need.

When I open the Issue Navigator, and open the issues, here is an example of what it shows for first few columns in the first entry:

T = ?

Key = HSM-1129

Summary = HSM-369 / Deviation from Style Guide

Second entry:

T = ?

Key = HSM-1128

Summary = HSM-369 / Requirement does not match the required design

And so on.

The first 7 characters of the SUMMARY are what I need to sort by (we call these our "stories," but I have three ranges to include:

HSM-231 through HSM-262

HSM-299 through HSM-325

HSM-350 through HSM-370

Within those ranges, I need to provide ALL of the "bugs." Bugs are what my company calls the "key" items above: HSM-1129 and HSM-1128...and so on.

All of this is within one project. Is there a way to filter for those ranges and then show all the "bugs" associated with the "stories" in those ranges?

Thank you for your help.

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Boris Georgiev _Appfire_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 14, 2014
Do you have different issue types for bug and story ? If yes then you can filter also by issue type so only bugs are shown. Regarding the sorting I think that sort by summary will produce what you expect due to the naming contract you have.
Tracie Harris April 14, 2014

>Do you have different issue types for bug and story ? If yes then you can filter also by issue type so only bugs are shown.

I can try to find an answer to this.

>Regarding the sorting I think that sort by summary will produce what you expect due to the naming contract you have.

This makes sense.

Thank you.

Suggest an answer