Notify when blocking issue is resolved

sedlakf April 29, 2012

Hi,

is there a way to notify the assignee of an issue when its blocking issues have been resolved?

Thanks, Filip.

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
JamieA
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 29, 2012

There is a built-in script in the script runner plugin: "Adds a comment to all blocked issues when this issue is transitioned".

I seem not to have doc'd it so can't give you the specific link.

Angelos November 26, 2014

@Jamie Echlin [Adaptavist] Is there any way to adjust the functionality of this script so it has one of the following behaviours: 1. It doesn't add the assignee of the blocker issue as a watcher in the blocked issues 2. Specify an alternative user as the person commenting (i.e. a generic System User) At the moment due to the way autowatching works in JIRA when commenting, people are added as watchers in issues they don't really care. _Sorry for not asking a new question_

Bhagwan Basnet _Aakash_ August 18, 2020

@JamieA  your suggestion and answer above seems to resolve my issue as we have 'Script Runner plugin' I explore with this but couldn't able to find out the way to do so I would be more than happy and grateful to you could point me how to achieve through 'Script Runner Script'.

-Thanks

Suggest an answer