Notify watchers of a build related to an issue

Brian King January 29, 2013

I am running Jira 5.2.5 and Bamboo 4.4.0

The builds tab on a Jira issue will show any buids that are related to that issue.

Is there anyway I can notify people if a build related to that issue has been done via email?

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Przemek Bruski
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
January 29, 2013

Do you mean watchers of that issue? No, that's not possible.

Watchers of that issue would be useful. It would be more useful if it were just specific people who wanted to see if builds were taking palce.
There is a link to the RSS feed for Bamboo, however this is a general feed, and not just the builds specific to this issue - the ones that are shown in that tab. If it were a feed specific to this issue (filtered out builds that don't mention this issue number) then we could use that.

The specific situation I am looking to cater for is that testers would be notified once a story issue is built to our integration environment. The builds tab shows the correct information, but there seems to be no way to 'watch' this.
Przemek Bruski
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
January 29, 2013

The only thing yuo can use is standard Bamboo notifications (in Bamboo). You could send the notifications to the testing team upon each successful build. But that means that the branch you're building would have to be a low commit rate integration branch.

hmmm, don't think that would be much use for what I'm looking for.

They would get notification of all builds, not just on builds that relate to the issues they are interested in.

Suggest an answer