Notify the creator of an issue of an update

Nele Scherrens May 2, 2017

We have a use case where one of our users would like to know if issues he created are updated. I have been searching for some time now but I haven't found a way to do this.

I'm able to send notifications when an issue is updated, but this is for all issues. I only want to send notifications for issues created by a particular user and I also only want to send them when an issue is updated. The e-mail address the notifications need to go to is the e-mail address of the user who created those issues.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thank you.

1 answer

0 votes
AnnWorley
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
May 2, 2017

I hope I am not missing the point. The creator can watch the issues, this will notify them when there is an update.

Nele Scherrens May 2, 2017

I turned off the notifications for when an issue is updated because we don't want to have an overload of e-mails coming in. I only want to enable it for this one person and only for the issues he created. Watching them will not be the solution because at the time, there are no notifications sent.

Suggest an answer