Notify the creator of an issue of an update

We have a use case where one of our users would like to know if issues he created are updated. I have been searching for some time now but I haven't found a way to do this.

I'm able to send notifications when an issue is updated, but this is for all issues. I only want to send notifications for issues created by a particular user and I also only want to send them when an issue is updated. The e-mail address the notifications need to go to is the e-mail address of the user who created those issues.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thank you.

1 answer

0 vote
Ann Worley Atlassian Team May 02, 2017

I hope I am not missing the point. The creator can watch the issues, this will notify them when there is an update.

I turned off the notifications for when an issue is updated because we don't want to have an overload of e-mails coming in. I only want to enable it for this one person and only for the issues he created. Watching them will not be the solution because at the time, there are no notifications sent.

Suggest an answer

How to earn badges on the Atlassian Community

How to earn badges on the Atlassian Community

Badges are a great way to show off community activity, whether you’re a newbie or a Champion.

Learn more
Community showcase
Published Monday in Jira Software

How large do you think Jira Software can grow?

Hi Atlassian Community! My name is Shana, and I’m on the Jira Software team. One of the many reasons this Community exists is to connect you to others on similar product journeys or with comparabl...

685 views 6 13
Read article

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you